Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Layout using Art Philosophy and Butterfly Garden Paper

Hi everyone, it's been over a week since I posted last.  Needless to say, I did not make the top 30 picks for Graphic 45 Design team, but that is OK.  I am going to try and hone my skills over the next year and try again.  The people they picked are super amazing designers.  I wish them all the best of luck.

I am branching out in what I design and trying more layouts.  I am terrible at making them and it takes me days to put one together, then when I get it done, I am just not all that happy with it.  I started this one on Sunday and just finsihed it last night.  I did make myself a light box so my pics would not turn out too dark.  I think it makes my pics look better, but I am still not happy with them yet.

I used Ashlyn's Alpabet, Bloom, Art Philosophy, Home Decor, and Picturesque.  I also used Butterfly Garden Paper.








This was created for the Cricut Circle blog Monthly challenge.  You are supposed to make something using a sketch.  This is the sketch I picked. 


 It was provided by Jillian Cassity.  Thanks Jillian, Love your sketch.

Until Next Time, Beth. 

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beth this layout is amazing. Love - love - love the soft colors with that photo. and look at all the wonderful flowers. This is an amazing layout. Now you just need to do more of them. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Beth, this is gorgeous!!!

Amanda said...

OMG, your layout is absolutely stunning!!! I just love all the amazing details you added.. Your should totally enter this page in my "Getting Scrappy Challenge".. Here's the link if your interested:http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2012/03/getting-scrappy-challenge.html

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Cricut Couple said...

Beth... This is STUNNING!!! You are one of the most creative designers on the web, so it's a loss for Graphic 45. Seriously! The things you come up with just blow my mind! You couldn't possibly say that you are terrible at layouts. I have never made anything that even comes close to this. Chin Up! This is STUNNING!!!

Tracey said...

Your layout is so beautiful. Love all the layering, the colours are so soft , very pretty flowers too!